ACCESS Mental Health CT
(Access to all of Connecticut’s Children of Every Socioeconomic Status – Mental Health) is a program that offers free, timely consultation to PCPs seeking assistance in treating youth with behavioral health concerns under the age of 22 years, regardless of insurance. Specialists will be available to answer questions and provide valuable resources for mental health treatment in your community.
The vision of the ACCESS Mental Health CT program is to improve access to treatment for children with behavioral health or psychiatric problems while promoting productive relationships between primary care and child psychiatry. ACCESS Mental Health CT is designed to support primary care physicians by offering telephonic consultation including education on assessment, treatment, and access to community resources for youth with mental health needs.
- Improve access to treatment for children and adolescents with mental health needs
- Support a trusted relationship between PCPs and child psychiatrists
- Provide mental health focused training for primary care practitioners
- Identify and coordinate community resources for youth and their families
- Support the care of youth with mental health needs within their PCP office
click to view our one-page information sheet: ACCESS Mental Health CT